How do I stop eating junk food?
The more junk food you eat, in the form of either bad fats or quick-digesting carbs, the higher your body’s insulin hormone response and the faster your body’s fats cells are ordered to draw nutrients out of the bloodstream to be stored in the fat cells. This conversion happens faster than average for high-glycemic foods (i.e., those that are broken to glycogen faster by the body). And when fat cells are ordered to pull nutrients out of the bloodstream more quickly, a low blood sugar scenario arises and your brain triggers hungry pangs quite soon after you’ve eaten the junk food. With the combo of low blood sugar levels and hunger pangs triggered by the brain, you are made to crave more starchy, sugary foods because they are a faster-converting source of energy. A vicious circle ensues, and your initial intake of junk food leads to subsequent cravings for more junk food. The reality is that, hard as it may be, you have to stop eating junk food to prevent further cravings of junk food, if that makes sense.
I can tell how I keep myself away from junk food.
So basically one gets inspired by what people around them eat, like your friends, family, and also where you live, like if you live in a hostel, your chances of eating junk food increases.
Also, most of the junk food, like noodles are made of “maida” or refined white flour, which is not good for health, especially if you consume it daily.
So if you belong to the category of people who quickly gain weight, in such cases if you continue eating junk food, you will gain weight at an exponential rate,
But if you belong to the category of people who don’t gain weight even after eating a lot of junk food, then what junk food does to your body is that it reduces the amount of food you need to take to kill your hunger. Meaning if your body requires at least four rotis(chapatis) and vegetables and pulses in a day, junk food can replace it by only one plate of noodles. Now in such case, a person will not gain the required weight, suffer from a lot of health problems like low BMI, undernourishment, and girls will suffer from irregular periods, etc.
So the question is how to control yourself from eating junk food?
Well you may get inspired by how stunning Deepika Padukone looks in those short dresses, or you may have to impress someone, or you may be suffering from health problems and want to get rid of it, etc.
- Drink a glass of water before eating junk food, and it will reduce your hunger.
- Do exercise at any time of the day, anytime, so that when next time you will feel like eating junk food, you will remember that all your hard work will go waste.
- Eat seasonal fruits instead of junk food, keep a tiffin with you filled with fruits like grapes, etc.
- Do meditation; it’s essential to control your mind; it’s all mind game.
- Whenever you feel like eating junk food, delay it by saying “not this time, but next time for sure,” and repeat this every time.
- Try to get some tasty but healthy food; it will motivate you to give up junk food.
- It’s essential, you have to transform yourself and put a before and after pictures of the transformation on social media!!, And share your transformation story in comments
Trying giving these tips a try and do let us know if it helped you. Stay strong and stay healthy.